Founded by Javid Ramezani in 2012, Portraiture festival is a sustainable annual exhibitions dedicated to exploring the critical role of human portrait as society reflection in the history of twenty-first-century middle eastern art and to bring new directions in photo based art of the region to the spot light.
4th Annual Festival of Portraiture
Concerning different theoretical approaches in contemporary art, the following six areas are the topics of fourth annual festival of Portraiture:
- Face formal structure from perspective of mathematics and aesthetic decryption of this form.
- The value of identity and continuity perception of one’s identity in the course of development from childhood to adulthood.
- Assimilation of contemporary human face and its analysis in terms of social and culture industry.
- Face physical possibilities to communicate with congeners (face language).
- The function of the word “face” and “head” from the perspective of semiotics in Iran’s literature in the form of image.
- Dual position of face (near and far) – Differentiation and uniqueness (unity of faces in distance and their differentiation from close) – face’s form in interaction.
– Young Artists